updated April 14, 2020
DHHR update on stimulus and unemployment payments
- Stimulus payments:
The personal tax rebate stimulus ($1200 per eligible tax filer; $500 per eligible child) shall be excluded as income/asset for 12 months. After the 12 month period, if the individual is over their asset limit, SNAP and WV WORKS can close. SNAP and WV WORKS recipients must report receipt of this stimulus.
- Unemployment income:
Pandemic Unemployment Assistance shall be treated the same as regular Unemployment Insurance Compensation (UCI). All income received from Unemployment must count as unearned income for SNAP and WV WORKS, including the $600 per week stimulus.
To find out more from WV DHHR visit – https://dhhr.wv.gov/COVID-19/Pages/default.aspx
WV Dept. of Health and Human Resources:
March 20, 2020 updated
COVID-19 Local Health WV RESOURCES
- Testing Criteria for COVID-19 (3-17-20) (DHHR)
- Patient Under Investigation (PUI)/Case Investigation Form for COVID-19 (Must be completed and faxed to 304-558-8736 for all suspect cases regardless of where the patient is tested) (DHHR)
- Specimen Collection Instructions COVID-19 (DHHR)
- COVID-19 Specimen Test Request Form (For Public Health Laboratory Submission Only) (DHHR)
INFORMATION FROM OTHER SOURCES
- Returning Traveler Booklet: English | Mandarin (CDC)
- Person Under Investigation (PUI) and Case Report Form (CDC)
Travel-Associated Patient Monitoring
- Guidance: Active Monitoring | Self-Monitoring
- Monitoring Log
- CDC Risk Assessment Flowchart
March 16, 2020 Testing Criteria Explained for West Virginia
- For a map of the number of cases, recoveries, deathes, and other details in WV and worldwide go to the website.
*NOTE: Now that COVID-19 testing is expanded and available through commercial laboratories and some hospitals, DHHR is only reporting those tests that have been processed through its state public health lab. All positive results obtained by commercial laboratories are reportable to DHHR and are included in the positive case counts.
- An information hotline to address public and medical provider questions and concerns regarding COVID-19 has been established. Operators are available 24/7, toll-free at 1-800-887-4304 to provide accurate information about COVID-19 and the risk to the public.
- A daily update is posted by DHHR regarding the number of cases of COVID-19 at www.coronavirus.wv.gov. For additional information, please visit http://www.cdc.gov/COVID19.
WV DHHR Media contact: DHHRCommunications@wv.gov or 304-558-7899