Focus Area #1: Supporting and training for families and children in foster care.
Foster Care Resources:
DHHR: DHHR provides resources on the adoption process in West Virginia.
NECCO: At Necco our main mission is to build families of every walk of life and to support them on their journey. In addition to the wealth of information, you’ll receive on becoming a foster parent, Necco also provides a 24-hour crisis hotline, licensed staff to help you at any time, and the highest level of care to our children and families.
Pressley Ridge: Pressley Ridge was founded in 1832 and remains headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. A legacy of successful outcomes has allowed Pressley Ridge to expand services to communities in Central Pennsylvania, Ohio, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Virginia.
KVC West Virginia: KVC West Virginia is a private, nonprofit child welfare organization that provides a diverse array of services including foster care, adoption, in-home family preservation services, outpatient psychiatric and behavioral healthcare, and educational support for middle and high school students through our First Star Academy.
Mission WV: Mission WV changes the lives of youth and families. We promote positive futures by recruiting foster families, providing life skills education and creating community connections.
Mission WV maintains a list of the following foster care closets.
Additional resources include:
· Ray Skeens Resource Center, Charleston, WV
· DJ Johnson (304)3894 Ext. 16013
· Nancy Stuart Tonkin Children’s Resource Center, Huntington, WV
· Belinda Chapman (681)378-2530 Ext. 22009
· Mid-Town Family Resource Center, Parkersburg, WV
· Lisa Weaver (304)485-0650 Ext. 5014
· Lewisburg Resource Center, Lewisburg, WV
· Terri White (304)647-3434 Ext. 10002
· Princeton Resource Center, Princeton, WV
· Lindsey Short (304)431-2424 Ext. 3001
· Summersville Resource Center, Summersville, WV
· Natasha Tucker (304)900-3620 Ext. 8102
· Morgantown Resource Center, Morgantown, WV
· Brittany McCollam (304)284-0992 Ext. 2011
· Martinsburg Resource Center, Martinsburg, WV
· Amanda Shank (304)264-4658 Ext. 17008
· Romney Resource Center, Romney, WV
· Sally Johnson (304)822-4652 Ext. 9003
· Forever Families Resource Center, Northfork, WV
· Yolanda Smith (304)862-4951 Ext. 23005
· Wheeling Resource Center, Wheeling, WV
· Kara Huff (304)810-2460 Ext. 21001