A one-day training with
Larry W. Bennett, LCSW, PhD
Indiana University School of Social Work
Dr. Larry Bennett, a nationally recognized expert on the subject of co-occurring domestic violence (DV) and substance abuse (SA), will lead a day-long training. Topics to be covered include
- Variations in prevalence of co-occurring DV and SA.
- Five models for understanding DV and SA.
- Gender-based differences in co-occurring DV and SA.
- Resources addressing practice and policy.
- Evidence supporting DV-SA practice in criminal justice, DV intervention with perpetrators and victims, and SA treatment.
Social work, nursing, and DV advocate CEUs will be offered through the WV Coalition Against Domestic Violence. Eight hours of law enforcement credit will also be offered.This program will be offered free of charge through the Community Assessment and Education to Promote Behavioral Health Planning and Evaluation Phase II (CAPE2) grant.It is presented by West Virginia State University, the City of Huntington, Branches, Cabell County Substance Abuse Prevention Partnership, and United Way of the River Cities.
Friday April 22, 2016 from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM EDT
Add to Calendar
St. Mary’s Center for Education
2849 5th Avenue
Huntington, WV 25702