The following 3 virtual prevention learning opportunities will be available in April 2021 at no cost to participants!
CLICK to download PDF Spring Prevention Conference Informational Flyer April 2021
Collegiate Partnerships for Success Spring Conference April 2nd 8:30 am-4 pm
The conference is designed to provide prevention skills & strategies for individuals working in prevention with higher education students.
This conference is for anyone interested in prevention for young adults, and features two keynotes and a choice of six breakout sessions. The conference flyer is attached.
Register for the conference at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/spring-prevention-conference-tickets-145112843421
Prevention Certification in West Virginia information sessions will be offered for individuals interested in obtaining a credential as a certified prevention specialist in West Virginia.
The information session flyer is attached.
Register for one or both of the sessions described below on Eventbrite at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/data-to-practice-virtual-prevention-training-series-tickets-115528800753
Session 1: Prevention Certification Overview April 7th 3-4 pm
This session is for anyone interested in certification including individuals new to prevention. Topics covered will include the following.
- Purpose of credentialing behavioral health professionals
- International Certification & Reciprocity Consortium & The West Virginia Certification Board for Addiction & Prevention Professionals
- Qualifications for WV Prevention Specialist 1 and 2
- Review of the prevention specialist application
- Recertification requirements
- Testing information & sites
- Lessons learned from WV Prevention Specialist 2s
Session 2: Certification Testing Preparation April 28th 3-4 pm
This session is for prevention professionals that already have some experience and are considering submitting their application to the Certification Board and testing. Topics covered in this session will include the following.
- Review of prevention certification domains
- Review of study materials
- Review of study guide
- Review of practice test items
- Questions regarding testing
- Questions regarding application
Tammy L. Collins, Ph.D., CPS, OCPC
Lead Evaluator & Family Scientist
Marshall Center of Excellence for Recovery, MURC
Applied Engineering Complex, Rm 4240