We have now scheduled the CPST Course for the Huntington region. The course flyer is attached to this e-mail that has all the details on how to register for the course. If you can pass this along to folks in your agencies and folks you work with, that would be greatly appreciated. I have put some bullet points below of importance for the registration process:
- The course is a four day course so individuals will need to complete all four days in order to become certified,
- The course does have a registration fee of $85. If you are in my region (Cabell, Lincoln, Mason, Mingo, Putnam, or Wayne Counties) and successfully pass the course, I will reimburse you the registration fee of $85.
- This course is pretty extensive and very hands on. If you or someone in your agency or who you work with is interested in taking the course, please have them check out the Safe Kids website prior to registering to get a sense of what CPS Techs do.
- Before you can register for the course, you must create an account on the Safe Kids website. This can be done by going to the link on the flyer and creating a login through their website. Then you can register for the course.
- Law enforcement, this course can also be counted for your annual in-service credits with a total of 32 hrs. of credit up to supervisory level.
This course is very rewarding and gives a chance for you or your agency to give back to the community by helping our little passengers in vehicles stay safe. If you have any questions or need help registering, please let me know. I can assist you in the process.
Contact: Beau Evans, Traffic Safety Director, City of Huntington
Governor’s Highway Safety Program Coordinator-Region 2
Serving: Cabell, Lincoln, Mason, Mingo, Putnam, and Wayne Counties
Phone: (304)696-5545 Fax: (304)696-5583