For National Bullying Prevention Month the Huntington Mall continues to make positive waves in the shopping center and community and this weekend is no different when the mall’s teen board (FAB) pass out positive messages to unsuspecting shoppers! Press release is below.
We invite you to come out and sign the pledge to be Bully Free!
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MAKING POSITIVE WAVES BULLY FREE EVENTS SCHEDULED AT HUNTINGTON MALL
(Barboursville, WV)- As the Huntington Mall marches through the month of October with the Malls and Retailers Unite against Bullying campaign fun events have been scheduled. This weekend, October 17-19, the Huntington Mall will be hosting bully free events to include a sports card show during mall hours and a Halloween fashion show at 1pm in Macys Court.
The Huntington Mall Fashion Advisory Board will be making positive waves when they roam the mall Friday, Saturday and Sunday for a couple of hours each day handing out Positive Post-its to unsuspecting shoppers. The #PostivePostIt movement began with a teenager, Caitlin Haacke, from Alberta, Canada who chose to get positive rather than even with her bullies by writing positive messages on post-it notes and sticking them on every locker in her school. A lot similar to paying it forward, this positive behavior movement will be just one of the many ways the Huntington Mall will continue to promote kindness and respect for others throughout the month of October.
- Bully Free Friendship Day- Tuesday, October 28, 3p-6p
- Bully Free Friendship March for Treats – Tuesday, October 28 6p-8p
3 pm – 6 pm:
- D.C. Comic’s FLASH Anti-Bullying presentation & meet and greet
- Arts and craft activities
- Captain McFinn and Coral Rose photo booth sponsored by JCP Portrait Studio
- FREE 8×10 of your child in their costume at FLASH Digital Portraits
- face painting and temporary tattoos
- special mall sales just for this day
- Meet and Greet Captain McFinn and Coral Rose
- Sign the Bully Free Pledge
- Fashion Advisory Board (FAB) Costume Contest. FAB will be scouting the crowd for their favorite costumes in the 0-3, 4-6, and 7-12 age division.
- Mall Pumpkin decorating contest- pick your favorite store’s pumpkin for a chance to win!
6 pm – Line up for the Friendship March for Treats with Flash, Captain McFinn and Friends leading the way! Each child participating will receive a Positive Message poster to carry while they trick or treat through the mall.
7pm -Winners selected for the costume contest and the mall pumpkin contest will be announced
Wednesday, October 29th, 12:00pm
Captain McFinn and Friends from the Huntington Mall will be visiting Cox Landing Elementary for a special assembly.
The assembly will include a chance for the children to meet Captain McFinn, create an ocean mural of handprints, listen to a story about Captain McFinn and sign the Bully Free Pledge.
Huntington Mall hours are Monday – Saturday 10AM-9PM and Sunday 11AM-6PM. The shopping complex is located off Route 60 and Interstate 64 at exit 20 in Barboursville, WV. For more information call 304-733-0492 or visit us online at www.huntingtonmall.com. Huntington Mall is owned and managed in association with Cafaro affiliated companies, based in Youngstown, Ohio. One of the nation’s largest privately held shopping center developers, the Cafaro organization owns and oversees more than 30 million square feet of commercial real estate in 11 states. Founded by the late William M. Cafaro in the 1940’s, the firm is now celebrating over 60 years as a family owned and managed business.