CLICK to download PDF of poster
The 5 Protective Factors
Partners in Prevention works to build “Circles of Caring” around families, otherwise known as the 5 Protective Factors:
- Parental Resilience – The ability to cope and bounce back from challenges.
- Social Connections – Friends, family, neighbors, and others who provide emotional support and assistance.
- Knowledge of Parenting and Child Development – Accurate information about raising children & appropriate expectations for their behavior.
- Concrete Support in Times of Need – Being able to cover day-to-day expenses and unexpected costs, and access to support structures such as health services, counseling, and social services.
- Children’s Social and Emotional Development – A child’s ability to interact positively with others and communicate his or her emotions effectively.
FIND OUT MORE Activities and resources for April 2021
EVENT: Wear Blue April 1st for Child Abuse Prevention Awareness month!