Here’s a great opportunity for WV child care centers from KEYS 4 HealthyKids, a Try This partner!
Deadline coming up: April 10. All centers that register get great materials!
In late April, KEYS 4HealthyKids – a Try This partner – will offer Key 2 a Healthy Start, an activity-packed, FREE training for child care center employees who want to teach healthy habits that can prevent childhood obesity and future chronic disease.
* Key 2 a Healthy Start is organized by West Virginia’s nationally-acclaimed KEYS 4HealthyKids.
* Attendees receive 18 hours of WV STARS registered training.
Participating child care centers attend three one-day workshops packed with creative ways to:
- Help children develop good nutrition habits
- Weave physical activity through the children’s day
- Create a gardening program that can be combined with math, science and gardening
- Promote personal health and wellness habits
- Enhance parent communication
- Ideas for healthy celebrations
- All participating Key 2 a Healthy Start centers receive MyPlate portion plates for every child, portable physical activity equipment, parent communication materials, and much more!
* Workshops are presented by highly-trained staff, including a pediatrician, a registered dietician and a pediatric exercise physiologist.
* Detailed information about the workshops at http://keys4healthykids.com/key-2-a-healthy-start/
The first 30 centers to register will be entered into a drawing to win the prize package below!
The package includes:
- MyPlate parachute
- Five MyPlate beach balls
- MyPlate portion plate for 2-5 yr olds
- Six playground balls
- Set of 12 wrist ribbons
- Yogarilla activity cards
- Five-gallon water dispenser