This week, we will delve into the Book portion of the Brush, Book, Bed campaign.
February 17, 2020
By Kaylin Staten
Now, it’s time for most children’s favorite part of Brush, Book, Bed — storytime!
After brushing your child’s teeth for 2 minutes for the second time of the day, it’s time to settle in with a good book. Remember: it doesn’t matter how young your child is. It’s never too early to start reading to your child!
Here are some things to remember as you read to your child before bed:
- Find a comfy place to read a book, whether it’s your couch or your child’s bed.
- Spend at least 15 minutes reading to your child.
- Choose a book that pertains to your child’s current level of development.
- Read aloud together to help improve your child’s language development and social-emotional skills.
- Don’t be afraid to make up your own stories and sing songs!
- Put up electronic devices so you can focus on bonding with your child.
Here are some book ideas for your child — no matter his or her age!
- 6 to 8 Month Olds
- 9 to 11 Month Olds
- 12 to 14 Month Olds
- 15 to 17 Month Olds
- 18 to 23 Month Olds
- 2 and 3 Year Olds
To learn more about Kids’ Dental Health Month, read through our Electronic Press Kit here: http://bit.ly/kidsdentalhealth_EPK2020
To download the Kids’ Dental Health Resource Kit, click here. (http://bit.ly/kidsdentalhealthguide_download)