Pinwheels are the national symbol for the prevention of child abuse and neglect and reflect the bright future all children deserve. We all have a role to play in supporting healthy child development. Everyone can take a turn making a difference!
CHILDREN & FAMILY ACTIVITIES:
Social Media Activities
Visit our Facebook page to see parent tips and photos from “Pinwheel Gardens” throughout Cabell County.
Take a “selfie” when you visit a “Pinwheel Garden” or with the pinwheel you made and post on Facebook with hashtag – #pinwheelsforprevention
PIP Garden signs with 6 factors – print out signs with tips to build Protective Factors to post at your office or garden
Below are downloads of items you can use with children and family activities to promote healthy child development.
Prevent Child Abuse WV Resources Child Abuse
Below are resource from http://www.preventchildabusewv.org
Parent Tip Sheets – http://www.preventchildabusewv.org/fact-sheets.html
We are pleased to share a variety of resources to assist communities in implementing Child Abuse Month activities including a series of Fact Sheets that are available for download on the following topics:
Community Resource Information
- CAP Month Community Action Guide
- CAP Month Talking Points
- Building a Family Friendly Community Fact Sheet
PARENT TIP SHEETS
- Help Your Child Succeed in School
- Tips for Report Card Time
- Five Tips to Help Parents Prevent Bullying
- Coaching Your Kids From the Sidelines
Teen Decision Making and Tough Topics
- When to Leave Your Kids Alone
- Decision Making 101
- How to Hold Conversations about Drugs with Your Teenager
- Helping Your Child Cope with Divorce
- Parenting Together While Living Apart
- Parental Resilience
- Social Connections
- Knowledge of Parenting & Child Development
- Concrete Support in Times of Need
- Social and Emotional Competence of Children
For other resources such as a Pinwheel Coloring Sheet, Yard Signs, etc. please visit our “Other Resources” page.
Other Online Resources
- Prevent Child Abuse America
- Pinwheels for Prevention National Site
- WV DHHR Child Abuse Prevention Website,
- WV Children’s Trust Fund
National Child Abuse Prevention Month tips, tools and resources relevant to a variety of audiences, is available on the Child Welfare Information Gateway website.