2021 grant applications open now
The mission of United Way of the River Cities (UWRC) is to connect our community with resources to reduce poverty and improve lives. And we envision a community where everyone has the tools and opportunity to thrive. With that in mind, our work focuses on the education, financial stability, health, and basic needs of our five-county service area (Cabell, Lincoln, Mason and Wayne counties in WV, Lawrence Co. OH)
We are happy to open its annual grant cycle on February 24, 2021. The first step of the process is a letter of intent (LOI). LOIs are due March 10, 2021.
- There are two grant categories: Impact and Safety-net (see below for details).
- Each grant runs from July 1, 2021 until June 30, 2022 and is paid on a reimbursement basis.
- For details regarding eligibility, award amounts, and reporting please read the 2021 Grant Funding Policies & Guidelines.
2021 Grant Calendar
- February 24 Letter of Intent (LOI) Opens
- March 10 LOI Closes
- March 11 – 19 LOIs are reviewed by Community Impact Council (CIC) Volunteers
- March 22/23 Eligible Applicants are notified
- March 24 Mandatory applicant meeting (via Zoom) at 9am
- March 24 Grant applications opens
- April 23 Grant applications closes
- April 24 – May 12 Applications are reviewed by CIC Volunteers
- May 26 UWRC Board meets to approve the awards
- June 1 Awardees are notified
- June 23 (pending) Grant Awardee meeting (format TBD)
- July 1 Grant awards are funded
Find full information on the website
CONTACT: If you have questions, please contact Rachel Houston, Director of Community Impact, at 304.523.8929 ext.114 or complete the form below.