“Brush Up on Healthy Teeth” publications for adults
“Brush Up on Healthy Teeth” publications for adults are often used in tandem but the Leader’s Guide is designed for a presenter (like with women’s clubs, church circles, CEOS clubs, senior organizations, etc.) and the handout is for the participants. Feel free to use as you see fit.
Click on the links below to download PDF files.
LEADER GUIDE :
Brush Up on Healthy Teeth Leader’s Guide WLG 456
Brush Up on Healthy Teeth WL 456 participant
Examples of information in the guide..
Healthy Teeth and Mouth Mean a Healthier You!
- Oral health problems are mostly preventable.
- Establishing good oral habits early avoids problems throughout life.
- Oral health problems are costly to individuals, employers, and society in terms of dental care and lost productivity.
- Preventive care – regular brushing, flossing, dental visits, and cleaning – saves money.
Many West Virginia adults, families, and children do not get adequate dental care. Also, they may not practice everyday habits needed to prevent cavities, diseases, and oral health problems.
Did you know?
- Tooth decay is the most common chronic childhood disease; it’s five times more common than asthma.
- Fluoridation is the most effective way to prevent dental cavities. More than 100 million Americans do not have an optimally fluoridated water supply.
- The West Virginia Children’s Health Insurance Program (WVCHIP) pays for dental exams, x-rays, and many treatments children may need.
Discover More About Oral Health:
- WVU County Extension Offices have oral health videos for loan.
- American Dental Association (www.ada.org)
- American Dental Hygienists’ Association
- National Oral Health Information Clearinghouse
(301-402-7364 or www.nidcr.nih.gov)
Contact: Elaine Bowen, EdD, LD, CFCS
Extension Specialist, Health Promotion
604 Knapp Hall PO Box 6031
Morgantown, WV 26506-6031
Putting Knowledge to Work for West Virginia