United Way of the River Cities is conducting informational workshops across its five-county service area for organizations interested in applying for funding.
Local workshop in Cabell County is Tuesday, January 10 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. at United Way office, 820 Madison Avenue, Huntington, WV 25701
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD ANNOUNCEMENT
U Way safety net cabell 1-10-17
Workshops are as follows:
- Monday, January 9 from 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. at Good Shepherd United Methodist Church,
13468 Ripley Road, Point Pleasant, WV 25550
- Tuesday, January 10 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. at United Way office, 820 Madison Avenue, Huntington, WV 25701
- Wednesday, January 11 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. at City National Bank Conference Room, 6888 McClellan Street, West Hamlin, WV 25571
- Thursday, January 12 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. at Wayne County Health Department, 217 Kenova Avenue, Wayne, WV 25570
- Tuesday, January 17 from 10 a.m.to 12 p.m. at Greater Lawrence County Area Chamber of Commerce, 216 Collins Avenue, South Point, OH 45680
Workshops are open to any registered nonprofit interested in learning more about United Way of the River Cities’ grant funding process. This year, United Way is only accepting applications for Safety Net Services, defined as these basic needs: safe shelter, food, clothing, personal care items, prescription medication assistance, utilities/rent assistance, and low- or no-cost healthcare. Potential applicants must provide services in one or more of United Way’s service area of Cabell, Wayne, Lincoln and Mason counties in West Virginia and Lawrence County, Ohio.
Although the workshop is not mandatory, it is strongly recommended that nonprofits interested in applying for funding attend. The session will include a review of the application, an introduction to the online application platform, the funding process, tips for developing a competitive grant, deadlines, and more. Content will be identical in each workshop, so applicants need only attend one session.
The Letter of Intent will open on Monday, Jan. 23, 2017, and the deadline to submit will be Wednesday, Feb. 15, 2017.
Registration for the workshops is required, as the seating capacity is limited. To register for the workshop or for more information, contact Andrea Roy at 304-523-8929, ext. 107, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Andrea L. Roy
Director of Community Impact
United Way of the River Cities, Inc.
820 Madison Avenue
Huntington, WV 25704
tel 304.523.8929 x 107